In 2012, Inspiration Point served 33 communities and over 1,300 children through its Day Camp program, helping meet the needs of churches that face challenges recruiting leaders and developing curriculum.
MISSION OF DAY CAMP
"...to glorify the name of Jesus Christ by providing our churches with the critical elements (trained staff, appropriate curriculum, music, recreation, and a closing event) necessary for an excellent, camp-like experience at the host church for 1st through 6th graders."
DAY CAMP REFLECTION
Wow! What an incredible week! Many kids and families in Colfax were touched by the quality and content of the message of Jesus' love demonstrated by the staff members. We will miss them. They are much loved by us now.
I was floored by the obvious training and preparation and prayer that went into the program carried out by the counselors. I was amazed at their ability to capture and hold the attention of 35+ very energetic kids. Even small gaps in the day were filled with fun and creative ways of helping kids to stay tuned in whether through a song, story, game, or action.
Not only were kids affected. Some families were "scoping us out" for future church connections. Several parents commented to me about the high quality of our program and said their children had had a fabulous week. Other families are looking seriously at attending various camps or retreats at Inspiration Point this fall and/or next summer. They have definitely caught the fever. Camp will be seeing more of us.
John and Cory Schneiders (Parents of Day Campers)
Bethany LBC, Colfax, WI
INSPIRATION POINT PROVIDES:
- Trained staff members
- Age-appropriate Bible lessons
- Missions activity
- Craft (including all supplies)
- Implementation of Service Project
- Thursday night Closing Program
CHURCH IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
- Providing a main meeting area and small group spaces
- Providing a daily snack
- At least one adult on site in case of emergency
- Housing and meals for Inspiration Point staff
- Pre-registration of kids
- If number of children exceeds a ratio of 1 counselor per 10 campers, the church will need to provide additional adult counselors
- Arranging a service project (led by Day Camp staff)
Click here to download a larger scale of the 2012 Day Camp Locations map.