In addition to providing housing so more kids can benefit from a camp experience, this campaign will ensure that guests are well-served and facilities are always cared for.
An Historic Agreement
For forty years, many people connected with camp have wished there was a way to acquire the land that sits just south of the current camp property. Early in 2011, Inspiration Point reached an agreement with its neighbors to purchase that same property on the peninsula.
"In addition to helping preserve the camp's ministry for decades to come, this important purchase enhances and expands the horizon for ministry, " said Greg Anderson, Executive Director. "We're excited about being able to share the Gospel with more kids and train up more leaders for the Church."
Funding for the purchase came through the Expanding Horizons Capital Campaign, which was launched in April of 2011.
Completed in 2015, the Expanding Horizons Capital Campaign provided the funds to:
- purchase 17.9 acres of land, a four-bedroom home, three cabins, a 40'x60' heated shop, and other small buildings
- remodel the home for year-round staff
- renovate the heated shop
- remodel camp's old shop into a beautiful year-round meeting space
- protect the front lawn, ball field, and Lakeview Lodge from future flooding
- sustain the current level of operations
- construct a home for Inspiration Point's food service director
Thanks to the generous donations from more than five hundred supporters, all of these projects have been completed debt-free.On balf of the thousands and thousands who will benefit from this in the years to come, thank you for your incredible generosity!